The Taste Keejays of Suffolk Tokyo Teriyaki Sauce has hints of lime, garlic and ginger - ideal for making an Asian-inspired sticky pork burger.
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus marinating time
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Chef's tip: If you can, leave the pork to marinade overnight in the fridge for ultimate flavour and tenderness
- 4 pork loin steaks or medallions
- 285ml bottle of Tokyo Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- t tsp sugar
- 2 medium carrots, grated or julienned
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 large, crunchy lettuce leaves
- 8 long cucumber slices
- 75g radishes, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Rub 8 tbsps of the Tokyo Teriyaki Sauce into the pork and place in an airtight container in the fridge for a minimum of two hours, or ideally overnight.
- When you're ready to begin cooking, mix the vinegar and sugar, and then add the carrots and set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat (or, if the weather's nice, fire up the BBQ!), and cook the pork for around 4 to 6 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Using the same griddle pan, gently toast the burger buns.
- Spread the bottom half of the burger buns with mayonnaise and layer the lettuce, cucumber, pork, pickled carrot, radish and spring onion.
- Drizzle over more of the Tokyo Teriyaki Sauce before closing the bun and serving.
Buy our Tokyo Teriyaki Sauce here: https://keejayssauces.co.uk/collections/dips-drizzles-and-marinades/products/tokyo-teriyaki-sauce