The Taste Keejays of Suffolk Korean BBQ Sauce is a full-bodied BBQ sauce perfect for marinading chicken thighs and drumsticks - making it ideal for our succulent Korean Fried Chicken recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes, plus marinating time
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Chef's tip: For ultimate flavour, prepare the chicken the night before and leave to marinade overnight in the fridge.
- 325g plain yoghurt
- 285ml bottle of Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1.5kg skin-on chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- 1.5l cooking oil (for deep frying)
- 220g rice or plain flour
- 1tsp salt
- 100g mayonnaise
- 2tbsp sesame seeds (black and/or plain)
- 3 sliced chillies (optional)
- 4 sliced spring onions
- A handful of roughly chopped coriander
- Mix the yogurt and 185g of the Korean BBQ sauce in a large Tupperware or bowl. Add the chicken, mix well and set aside in the fridge to marinade overnight or for eight hours.
- Heat the oven to 160C / 140C fan / gas 3. Use a deep fat fryer, or half-fill a large saucepan with the oil, then heat to 170C (the oil should take around 8-10 minutes to heat up).
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Beginning with the thighs, wipe off the marinade, toss in the flour and fry in a single later for 8-10 minutes before transferring to the over to keep warm.
- Making sure the oil is still at 170C, prepare and cook the drumsticks in the same way.
- Check the chicken is cooked all the way through - if needed, keep in the oven until fully cooked.
- Drizzle over more Korean BBQ Sauce and the mayonnaise and top with the sesame seeds, chillies, spring onions and coriander. We have also added some little waffles for a an additional fried chicken and waffles twist!
Buy our Korean BBQ Sauce here: https://keejayssauces.co.uk/collections/dips-drizzles-and-marinades/products/korean-bbq-sauce