This recipe has been created by Hannah Harley Young, host of podcast Crazy Sexy Food and is a delicious take on our Spanish Roast Chicken recipe using our Spanish Tomato Sauce - perfect for all the family to enjoy.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1.5 hours
- 1.8kg chicken, spatchcocked (most butchers can do this for you or you can find handy tutorials on YouTube)
- 750g small potatoes, skins on
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 bulb of garlic, pulled apart, skins on
- 25g butter, room temp
- Salt & pepper
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 80g black olives, de-seeded
- 100g flaked almonds, toasted
- 220g pouch of Spanish Tomato Sauce
- 200g spinach
- Large handful parsley, chopped
- Optional: Garlic mayo to serve and smoked paprika to season on top
- Heat oven to 250C / 230C fan / gas mark 9.
- In a large roasting tin, add the chicken, rub the butter over the upper surface and skin, and season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 200C / 180C fan / gas mark 4, add the potatoes, onions and garlic, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for approx. 45-60 minutes depending on size of chicken. Check 2-3 times during cooking to baste and turn potatoes. Halfway through, turn the chicken upside down to allow for even cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, lightly toast the almonds until golden brown, set aside.
- Steam the spinach and press out any extra moisture. Set aside.
- For the last 10 minutes of roasting, drizzle over the Spanish Tomato Sauce, making sure to get even coverage. Add the olives to the potatoes.
- When cooked (when the juices of the chicken run clear) let the chicken res for 5-10mins, add the spinach to the potatoes and onions, sprinkle the fresh parsley and toasted almonds on top.
- Drizzle lightly with some olive oil.
- Serve in the roasting tin for the perfect table centerpiece, making sure to spoon up the juices over everyone’s serving! Perfect with garlic mayo and a light extra sprinkling of paprika.
Buy our Spanish Tomato Sauce here: https://keejayssauces.co.uk/collections/cooking-sauces/products/taste-spanish-tomato