Our Spicy Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup is a vegan smooth, silky and nutritious winter warmer, made with our Hot & Spicy Curry Sauce. Perfect for curling up with on a cold winter day with fresh bread and butter.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Chef's tip: When ready to serve, swirl through some plant-based cream (coconut, oat, soy - whatever you fancy!) and add a few crunchy croutons for added luxury. This soup can also be made ahead of time and re-heated for tasty lunches and meal prepped dinners.
- 2 tbsp Hot & Spicy Curry Sauce
- 400g sweet potato
- 250g carrot
- 2 red onions
- 160ml plant-based cream (we use coconut) plus extra to garnish
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 180C fan / gas mark 6. Dice the onions, peel the carrots and sweet potatoes, and cut into 2cm cubes.
- Place the carrot and sweet potato cubes into a roasting tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil (e.g. olive oil or cold pressed rapeseed oil). Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Stir half way through to avoid burning on one side.
- Once the vegetables have roasted, saute the onion in oil in a medium-size saucepan over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the saucepan, alongside the coconut cream, Hot & Spicy Curry Sauce, and vegetable stock.
- Stir to mix in the Hot & Spicy Curry Sauce, and leave to simmer for around 5 minutes. Then blend - either with a stick blender or in a free-standing blender - until smooth.
- Add lime juice to taste, and ladle into bowls when ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with coriander, a swirl of coconut cream and crunchy croutons to serve.
Buy our Hot & Spicy Curry Sauce here: https://keejayssauces.co.uk/collections/goldfish-brand-curry-sauce-concentrates/products/goldfish-brand-hot-spicy-curry-sauce-concentrate