Our take on a Vietnamese Noodle Salad is light, refreshing and perfect for those warmer days. Our Chinese Curry Sauce makes a wonderfully creamy, fragrant dressing when blended with mango, honey and lime juice.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Chef's tip: If you want to make this veggie, take out the prawns and add some ribbons of blanched carrot and courgette.
- 2 tsp Chinese Curry Sauce
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 1 small bunch of Thai basil (or regular basil if you can't find Thai basil)
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lime
- 100g folded rice noodle or vermicelli noodles
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 200g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 50g roasted peanuts
- Peel the mango and remove the stone. Cut half into thick, matchstick-size pieces and reserve the other half for the dressing.
- Finely chop the herbs, including the coriander stalks, and thinly slice and chilli keeping in the seeds if you want some extra heat.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lime, and roughly chop the peanuts.
- Place the noodles in a bowl, cover fully with boiling water and place a lid or plate over the bowl to keep in the heat. Set to one side and leave for around 8-10 minutes before draining.
- Use a food processor to blend the second half of the mango with the Chinese Curry Sauce, honey, lime juice and sunflower oil until a smooth dressing forms.
- Toss the noodles with the chilli, herbs, mango matchsticks, prawns and peanuts.
- Split between two plates and drizzle over the dressing. Serve with the remaining lime cut into wedges.
Buy our Chinese Curry Sauce here: https://keejayssauces.co.uk/collections/goldfish-brand-curry-sauce-concentrates/products/goldfish-brand-chinese-curry-sauce-concentrate